April 30, 2011

once again!!

Like every morning, i open my eyes,
wishing perhaps you'd think of me...
maybe you'd try to break the silence,
the one that has crept between us...
i search my cell for a text from you
scan the missed call list with bated breath...
hoping that perhaps the nightmare has ended,
and you would think of me, once again!!

as time flies by, the day goes on,
but in my mind, a thought lingers,
that perhaps you'd call to speak to me...
one more check of the missed call list,
i see unopened messages and unanswered calls,
as i check frantically who they are from,
my eyes search for that one familiar number
which seems to be intact in my rusted mind...
hoping perhaps the search would end,
and you would think of me, once again!!

evening comes and no call from you...
not a single text nor mail...
the silence prevails, no words exchanged...
a smile plays on my face as i think of you...
you who i haven't heard from in ages...
you who couldn't care less of me...
you who i still hope to hear from, once again!!

i set the 'snooze' and close my eyes...
in the hope of a new beginning...
a new morning wherein i'd wake up,
stretch my arms and greet the sun,
reach for my cell as part of routine,
and
perhaps just perhaps,
i'd find your text waiting for me...
and everything would be perfect, once again!!

6 comments:

Sh@s said...

Sigh...
It stirred some forgotten pain. Beautifully expressed.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Sigh, I just wished he called once.

:)

Pri said...

@ sh@s & anshul
like ive said before, i hate putting up disclaimers.

but some dreams are dreamt up in vulnerable moments,
and some words are woven up in dreams...

waking up sometimes scars perfection---the perfection of the 'reality' in our 'dreams'!! ;)

sid said...

and all i wnt is a 2nd chance once agn ;-))

Vyankatesh said...

Aptly titled and wonderfully written!!

KKG said...

awesome pri!! :)