April 17, 2011

suspicious minds


you ask me who im speaking to,
who im meeting with & when,
who gifted those flowers on my way home,
what made me stay till ten...

you ask me who dropped me off,
as i walk in through the door,
why there was laughter in my voice,
when you called me up at four...

you ask me where im going,
and when im coming back...
every single detail,
as if to keep a track...

you check my texts and call logs,
and you think i don't know this...
i wonder what our love has lacked,
for the trust to go amiss...

why is there so much conflict?
why are you so filled with doubt?
where's the love you claimed would stay?
why then are we falling out?

i guess its more than crystal clear,
we cannot go on, this way...
no future on weak foundation stands,
lets burn this bridge today...

but before we go our separate ways,
a few answers on my part...
hoping it'd make some sense to reason,
with the doubts that crossed your heart...

those were roses for our anniversary,
which i'd stayed so late to plan...
the friend who dropped me home that day,
has always been your fan...

your questions i did not answer,
there was nothing left to say...
those empty hollow accusations,
killed me slow each day...

you ask me to stay and talk now,
a solution you hope we can find...
but would there really be a cure,
for as strong a suspicious mind??


writer's note----the above piece is partly inspired from the famous 'Elvis Presley' song and ofcourse mainly from, my favorite muse----life!! :)

4 comments:

Gayu said...

Hi Pri...

beautifully penned!!!

Gayu

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

You take inspiration from a song and construct lines to rival the same song. Nice,

so is the whole write up. Beautifully penned.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Red Handed said...

No future on weak foundation stands,
lets burn the bridge away.

How could you think so perfectly?

Unknown said...

hey nice one....and very true :)